Must be done
Global App menu
First we must move to GtkApplication (see below)
Port to GtkApplication
Epiphany bug: https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=637334
Enable spellchecking by default
Effective popup blocking
Migrate all remaining data in .gnome2 to XDG dirs
Disable flash for real
- We disable the flash plugin through the plugin APIs, but the browser still thinks it's somehow enabled. ie, the effect it's not the same than going to Preferences and checking "Disable plugins", which is what we'd like (but only for flash). Otherwise things like Youtube HTML5 replacement don't kick in by default.
Find a solution for gtk_button_pressed/released API
Epiphany bug: https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=628364
- As a last resort we can do what Mitch suggests in the GTK+ bug, does not require GTK+ changes.
Support for about:
- After that having basic about:plugins support should be easy, all the needed APIs were done in the hackfest
Port to GDBus
Epiphany bug: https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=624421
Migrate history & bookmarks to SQLite away from EphyNode
Someone please rewrite adblocker from scratch
- The current one sucks, we should just kill it. We can copy the adblock core code from Midori and keep the boilerplate, for example.
I researched this after the hackfest, adblock has a documented format, but we need to write a not-so-trivial parser for it (i.e not a simple "contains" regex). I think it's doable though, maybe a week of work. -- DiegoEscalanteUrrelo
- As it says before, I believe Midori already implemented that, so we can just take the code we need from there
I've started to tackle this issue in my spare time with the goal in mind of having something usable on time for 3.2. See a thread in epiphany-list discussing about some related things -- MarioSanchez
Update web page
- Our webpage is hopelessly out of date, and not too attractive.
- If we find time and resources it would be nice to have something new for 3.0. Perhaps we can ask the Marketing people for help.