GNOME Accessibility Team
GNOME 2 - Documentation Archive
The following content is being kept here for historical preservation only. The information contained herein may or may not be accurate. It is definitely not being maintained.
Manuals, guides and working papers
- For Implementors:
- AT-SPI over D-Bus:
Orca accessibility app makes a whale of an impact, Bruce Byfield, Linux.com, April 07, 2008
Orca -- Take the Killer Whale for a Ride, Willie Walker, Linux Journal, March 2008
Make Your Application Accessible with Accerciser, Eitan Isaacson, Linux Journal, March 2008
GNOME 2.22 focuses on utilities and standard applications, Bruce Byfield, Linux.com, March 17, 2008
GNOME focuses on accessibility -- with a little help from Mozilla and others, Bruce Byfield, Linux.com, February 27, 2008
Historical reference: ATK Implementation Proposal Draft 0.5 - early implementation proposal for ATK.
Python Powered Accessibility, Steve Lee, Python Magazine, December 2008
- GNOME.Asia; October 18-19, 2008
- GNOME Boston; October 11-13, 2008
- FOSDEM 2008
- GNOME Boston; October 6-8, 2007
- GNOME Boston; October 7-9, 2006
- GUADEC Kristiansand, Norway; 2004
- GUAD3C, Seville, Spain; 2002
- California State University, Northridge (CSUN) Conference on Technology and Disabilities; March 2002
- Linux Accessibility Conference, Los Angeles, CA; March 21-22, 2001
- GUADEC, Copenhagen, Denmark; April 8, 2001
- GNOME Accessibility Summit; October 19, 2000
- Orca Use in India
Collection of three Indian news reports about a seminar that Mr. Krishnakant Mane held for the blind in India late 2007, using Orca and Ubuntu Linux.
"True Vision" - a 10 minute promotional piece by ELCOT (Electronics Corporation of Tamil Nadu Limited) in cooperation with the Government of Tamil Nadu, talking about their adoption and use of Ubuntu Linux and Orca to help the blind in India.
- ACB Radio: In May/June 2003, Marc Mulcahy of Sun Microsystems presented a four-part radio show on ACB Radio exploring the GNOME desktop with Gnopernicus.
GNOME v. Windows architecture, Introduction to Gnopernicus (9-May-2003) (2013-12-01 - broken link)
GNOME Panel and Control Center (16-May-2003) (2013-12-01 - broken link)
DECtalk, speech settings, Nautilus, and gedit (22-May-2003) (2013-12-01 - broken link)
Mozilla, Balsa and Java applications (14-Jun-2003) (2013-12-01 - broken link)
- Screencast: Below are links to several GNOME accessibility demonstration videos. To view a video, click on a link and then click on the video in the page that opens (the video doesn't automatically start). The Flash videos are of questionable quality, causing some things to not be seen. The MPEG4 videos are better quality, but you need a video player capable of playing MPEG4. The Raw OGV files are what recordmydesktop created.
- Orca: Demonstrates several uses of Orca