Minutes for Tuesday, July 25th, 2014, 16:00 UTC

Next meeting

  • Wednesday, July 30th, 2014 at 09:00 UTC

Attending

  • Ekaterina Gerasimova
  • Rosanna Yuen
  • Marina Zhurakhinskaya
  • Jeff Fortin
  • Sriram Ramkrishna
  • Tobias Mueller
  • Emmanuele Bassi (outgoing board)
  • Andreas Nilsson (outgoing board)
  • Andrea Veri (afternoon)

Regrets

  • Karen Sandler
  • Joanmarie Diggs (outgoing board)

Missing

Board Meeting Agenda

  • Documenting our board decisions/measures wrt finances
    • Documented on the wiki: if a budget is 4 weeks late, expenses should be frozen; non-essential spending is currently frozen, although some exceptions have been made
  • Financial plans and ideas for the remainder of 2014 and til Q2 2015
    • Missing invoice payments
  • Pants award
  • Groupon
  • Visa reimbursement policy
    • The board voted to reimburse for a rejected visa which triggered a discussion
    • Suggestion to modify policy text
    • Board can make exceptions for items which are normally not sponsored (https://wiki.gnome.org/Travel for a list of those items)

    • ACTION: Marina will shuffle around some paragraphs to make it look nicer now.

    • ACTION: Jeff will lead the efforts with interesting parties to prepare a new text hopefully for the next meeting

  • Friends of GNOME - perks
    • Do we want to buy 25 new LWN tokens?
      • +1: Kat, Tobi, Jeff, Marina, Andrea (Sri missing)
      • Rosanna will buy tokens
      • ACTION: Tobi will mention that we pay for lwn codes when sending the offer to donors

      • ACTION: Tobi will implement that "no gift" on the FoG page also means no LWN subscription

  • Receiving Donations in the EU via the WHS
    • Tobi sent around a new draft to the board
    • Tobi also sent it to the WHS and waits for feedback
  • Preparing for the GUADEC AGM (reports session & open floor): Andreas Nilsson to chair the sessions

  • GUADEC 2015
    • We probably need to be more flexible with the date as the venue is being renovated
    • Discuss the availability of a venue and any other issues with the Gothenburg organization team

To be discussed on Wednesday morning at GUADEC:

  • Outstanding brand use requests (ex: Julio Cesar Cara├ža's mail sent to licensing@ on 7 Jul 2014 20:05:14 -0700, titled: "Sharing an idea...")
  • Taking pictures for the Foundation's Web site
  • OPW - next round and beyond (on July 30, when Karen is there)

Discussed on the mailing list

  • happybirthdaygnome.org renewal

Completed Actions

  • Rosanna to contact Emily about the state of the GNOME.Asia payment
  • Marina to contact the GNOME.Asia local team on their current budget (obsolete)
  • Kat to contact Karen and Pam about the trademark use request from Carol Hanson
  • All Directors to reply Andreas's/Kat's email on board list about visa fees reimbursements (partially complete; obsolete)
  • Tobi to draft a new WHS agreement after the feedback from the board
  • Emmanuele to draft a date and time for the post-release meeting (obsolete from 3.12)
  • Jeff to send the agenda to the advisory board list for the upcoming meeting on the 30th at GUADEC
  • Kat to book a restaurant for advisory board meeting

Pending action items

  • Andrea to improve board's docs about what a Board member should know before participating to board's decisions and discussions
  • Andreas to put together a GNOME supporter card for our donors
  • Andreas, Joanie to draft thank you letters to our donors
  • Andreas to investigate the GNOME gifts situation
  • Andreas to ask Karen and Pam how much we should disclose to the community about the ongoing discussion with Groupon
  • Emmanuele to send Zana and Tobi an update on FoG donors gifts
  • Jeff to lead the efforts with parties that are interested in sponsorship to prepare a new text hopefully for the next meeting
  • Jeff to send the agenda to the adboard
  • Joanie to draft a proposal for the photography policy at GNOME conferences to discuss on foundation-list
  • Joanie and Karen to meet and discuss about the photography policy for GNOME events
  • Kat to create a private wiki page on the web services accounts holders and passwords
    • Allan and Kat decided to go for a private git account instead for security reasons
  • Kat to draft a proposal for a privacy policy for review
  • Kat to draft a contract template for future use organizations for which we handle money
  • Karen to write the Privacy policy for GNOME services
  • Karen will look at gnome-software privacy issues from a legal standpoint
  • Marina will shuffle around some paragraphs to make it look nicer now
  • Marina check with engagement team about re-sharing GNOME-related job offers from adboard members
  • Tobi to continue pursuing the fund collection in Europe
  • Tobi to talk to Andrea to move the PayPal data extraction scripts over to the GNOME infrastructure

  • Tobi will mention that we pay for lwn codes when sending the offer to donors
  • Tobi will implement that "no gift" on the FoG page also means no LWN subscription
  • Sri to investigate better uses of adsense/adwords on the GNOME websites
  • Sri to communicate to Rosanna and work on the donation for the West Coast hackfest
  • Sri, Marina, Kat to work on establishing criteria for drafting for the hiring committee for the ED role
  • Zana to check the inventory of merch she has in storage (low priority)

FoundationBoard/Minutes/20140725 (last edited 2014-08-07 10:21:32 by EkaterinaGerasimova)