msitools is a set of programs to inspect and build Windows Installer (.MSI) files. It is based on libmsi, a portable library to read and write .MSI files. libmsi in turn is a port of (and a subset of) Wine's implementation of the Windows Installer.
msitools plans to be a solution for packaging and deployment of cross-compiled Windows applications.
- msiinfo, to inspect MSI files
- msibuild, a low-level tool to create MSI files
- msiextract, to inspect and extract the files of an MSI file
- msidump, to extract all tables or streams from an MSI file
- msidiff, to diff MSI tables and file content
wixl, a WiX-like tool, that builds Windows Installer (MSI) packages from an XML document, and tries to share the same syntax as the WiX toolset, http://wixtoolset.org/
- wixl-heat, a tool that builds XML fragments from a list of files and directories.
osslsigncode >= 1.5.1 can sign MSI files.
Wixl lacks many features compared to WiX. As always, contributions are welcome!
git clone git://git.gnome.org/msitools
git clone git://git.gnome.org/gcab
Please report bug there: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/msitools/issues
Forking and sending github pull requests is also welcome.