3.0 Release Day Planning
This is the planning page for the GNOME 3.0 release day (6 April 2011).
Make the new gnome.org go live with a teaser home page - big 'coming soon' sticker, perhaps with with a countdown timer (Andreas)
ovitters: you cannot, needs much more preparation!!!
Set the ttl for library.gnome.org (Olav)
done. 2011-03-29: Set to 10min
- News item on the gnome.org website (Allan or Sumana)
- Make sure we have a 3.0 entry for the GNOME version field in Bugzilla (Andre/Olav)
- Prepare announcement email and submit to translators (Vincent)
- Put the release notes on library.gnome.org (Allan)
- Switch to alternative Planet GNOME theme (Alberto)
- Publishing the release on FTP (Vincent)
- Sending announcement mail to gnome-announce list and devel-announce-list (Vincent)
- Forward the announcement email to release party organisers (Pockey)
- Switch DNS for new library.gnome.org and change TTL to default (Olav)
- Something needs to happen on gnome3.org (Andreas et al)
Update ThreePointZero: 'it's been released!' (Allan)
- Tidy up references to the release date on gnome3.org (Allan)
- Bittorrent access to a live CD?
- Blogging, tweeting, etc
- Blog and tweet about release parties
- Pump as much material through the GNOME feeds as possible (Allan)
Comments and Discussion