We in Offenburg, Germany would apprechiate to have a ThreePointZero/LaunchParty, too.
We are a nice little community of Free Software and Linux enthusiasts who meet on a regular basis. First thing we can think of is an information booth at a local computer store we have good relations to. We can inform the customers and people passing by about GNOME 3.0 and they can have a look at Notebooks with GNOME 3.0 on it.
Our regular meeting takes place on the 1st wednesday of a month. So we can celebrate the release of GNOME 3.0 on that evening.
Booth at computer store
"Release-Party" on our regular meeting
As the other groups we think of stuff like:
- Flyers, i.e. what is GNOME, why GNOME, ...
- Notebook(s) with working GNOME 3.0
- (Idea borought from Hamburg) GNOME 3.0 Live-CDs
- A banner or flag with text or symbol of GNOME
Next regular meetings of the community, mailing-list of LugOG and Gnome
- Edgar 'Fast Edi' Hoffmann