3.30 Release Notes Items
Changes in GNOME 3.30, to be potentially mentioned in the release notes.
Please note that this page does not need to be pretty or well-written. It's just a list that will be used to make the actual release notes.
See also the advice about the schedule and translation.
Also see feature plans for 3.30.
Attention Press/Reviewers This is a work in progress. Items aren't checked for correctness. Statements may be completely wrong. Very large changes could be forgotten. Please wait until the final release notes are done. This page will not contain everything that will be in the final release notes.
List any changes that:
- Affect users, administrators or developers.
- Are something people have been hoping for or discussing widely.
- Feature, usability, performance, internationalization or accessibility improvements.
Even small changes are interesting, and can sometimes be combined into wider themes.
Provide this information:
- What the module (application) is.
- What the change is.
- How it will look and work from a user perspective.
- Why it is better than what we had before.
Be as descriptive as you like. It is better too long than too short. Links and screenshots are very welcome!
What's new for users
- RDP Support
- This enables GNOME Boxes to remote-control Windows systems.
- More Metadata Search
- What does this mean?
- More Game Views
- What views?
- Thunderbolt support
What's new in accessibility
What's new for administrators
What's new for developers