Test Day, March 7
This is the test day results page for March 7 2016. Guidelines on how to conduct the tests can be found on the test days page.
Tests conducted by:
- Keyboard layout preview windows aren't modal to the parent - you can click next and leave it visible during subsequent stages.
- Time zone - if I search for a location and then cancel, the automatically determined location isn't restored.
- Wayland session is just called "GNOME" in the menu. Is that correct?
- AFAIK, yes. gnome-session default to wayland now, falling back to Xorg if there is any problem
- Health ratings sections - Polari only has "system integration" highlighted. Maps doesn't have anything. - THIS IS A CONTINUOUS ISSUE
- Launch buttons don't do anything.
Post review dialog - no internal padding inside the text box. (Screenshot.) - FIXED
- Post review dialog - post button doesn't become sensitive until you've typed 60 characters. This is confusing and it looks broken - there's no feedback why you can't post a short review. - FIXED
Path bar button looks super bad. (Screenshot.)
- Folder icons look a bit washed out - almost insensitive.
- Other locations - no spinner next to Networks heading.
Popover shadows are clipped. (Screenshot.)
Huge week numbers displayed in year view, overlap off the edge of the view. Why are these being shown, anyway? (Screenshot.)
- System starts with volume at 0
When I pressed the super key, the overview shows window thumbnails over the apps grid. (If I then pressed the apps grid button, the window thumbnail is hidden.) (Screenshot.) This happened for a while, and then stopped.
- Sound Settings: When changing out volume using the bar, clicking on area above and below the bar, results in outputting the current volume (not the volume according to point where clicked), but doesn't move the progress bar to that point.
- If you are already connect to a server, it isn't able to connect until you have manually entered a different nick into the server settings dialog.
- Export in-app notification - "Open" and "Exports Folder" buttons seem a bit ambiguous. Also, having two options in a single transient notification could be frustrating - if you try one, there's no option to try another. Maybe it should just be "Open Exports Folder"?
Identifies location even though Location is turned off - Might be a continuous issue?
- Channels section only includes one channel. Quite disappointing. How do I add more?
I click through the Rei.tv channel to find a video, get to one, select it: the busy indicator in the top bar spins forever and nothing happens. The video doesn't play and the thumbnail grid stays in place.