Test Day, February 22
Testing results for GNOME 3.19.x/3.20. Test to be conducted on February 22 2016.
Take note of the results from the previous test day!
Tests conducted by:
Online accounts Google log in: GNOME logo is malformed (screenshot).
Time zone suggestions dropdown isn't wide enough. You can see dash marks to indicate horizontal scrolling (this issue can also be seen in Clocks also). (Screenshot.)
Universal access panel is blank. - FIXED
Input sources list isn't tall enough (screenshot).
- Mouse and touchpad settings - something up with the layout. More padding below headings?
- Button in path bar is cut off.
- Floating status bar looks tall.
- View popover: can toggle view, zoom and sort even when a directory is empty. Should be insensitive?
- Recent view says "folder is empty" at first. It's not a folder.
- View switcher should be insensitive when there aren't any photos.
- Volume is initially at zero
- A lot of games makes the app picker noisy. Make a category for them similar to Utilities maybe?
After denying access to location services, I press the find location button in Maps: it shows an in-app notification that says "Position not found" (screenshot). The in-app notification doesn't have rounded corners. Also, it should show the location access dialog again.
- Join chat room: with no connections, would be better if it started on add connection and moved on to join chat room.
Input "bar" looks a bit odd when disconnected screenshot. Should maybe just hide the bar in this state.
Spacing could be better in the open popover list (screenshot).
- Doesn't have a shortcuts window.
- Empty state is rather grey.
- Would be nice to lose those sidebar list separators.
Eye of GNOME
Default appearance isn't very good at all (screenshot). Blank properties sidebar looks bad.
- Really very slow in a VM.
- Channels section only includes one channel. Quite disappointing. How do I add more?
- Initial empty state - view switcher is hidden rather than being insensitive.
- I put some music files in ~/Music, and Music didn't detect them. Had to restart the app for the tracks to show up.
- Crashes when I click on a track to play it.
- Inconsistently asks for access to location services: repeatedly launching Weather (and denying access to location services), sometimes a permission dialog is shown and sometimes Weather is able to access location data without asking for permission.