GNOME shell app picker design refresh
The GNOME shell overview prominently features an application picker. The current implementation presents icons in a scrolling grid. The new design will change it to be paged, and to have various other changes and improvements to make the picker more pleasant and touch-friendly.
Florian Muellner and his SoC student, Carlos Soriano
Jakub Steiner for the design
The new design is being implemented as a GSoC project. Review of the branch is happening in 706081. It has been included it in the 3.9.91 release.
TODO with priority
- Key navigation DONE
- RTL language DONE
Pan action in FolderView DONE
- Focus loose on folder views between openings DONE
- Checked issue of folder icon when quick open and close
- Shadow of the folder icon background too hard = reduce opacity and a little more large shadow
- Indicators fade in/out DONE
- Animation when clicking 9-dots icon at dash
- More spacing between icons inside folder icons
- Glow round corner has to match icon on hover roudn corners.
How you can help
Reach out to Florian or Carlos