The GNOME Sponsorship Committee is responsible for ensuring corporate sponsorship for GNOME events and conferences. A representative from each of the main conferences (GNOME.Asia, GUADEC, LAS) will be appointed in order to provide a bridge of support to the local teams.
- Maintain a list of contacts and entities whom we have a relationship with
- Work with event organizers to coordinate sponsorship levels and perks
- Provide quarterly reports to the GNOME Foundation board
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
The committee is able to do the following on behalf of the Board:
- Issue sponsorship agreement forms
- Make statements on behalf of the GNOME Foundation, relating to events sponsorship
- Issue invoices for events sponsorship
These responsibilities and powers were granted to the Sponsorship Committee on 26 September 2017.