What are your plans for GNOME 2.24 (next 4 months, before feature and UI freezes)?
- Remove dependence on libgnome and other deprecated libraries
- Python bindings for libcryptui, probably in a new module pycryptui
- Evolution integration
- e-d-s integration, auto-contact creation, photo ID synchronization
- Complete icon makeover
- Manage gnome-keyring encryption keys and certificates properly.
- A possible split of the plugins into a different component.
What are your plans for GNOME 2.26 (next year)?
- Possibly a Pidgin/Telepathy(Gossip, etc) encryption plugin
Digitally signed documents in Evince
Do you have plans for a future release?
- Not as of yet
Do you have any goals from 2.22 that were not achieved? Why?
- E-D-S integration. Our 2007 SoC project failed, but has been re-proposed for 2008.
Is there something that is really missing in our infrastructure or platform that would help you?
Do you have plans to work on other modules not maintained by you? What are they?
- GNOME Keyring as needed
- pygtk - perhaps improve their coverage for generating bindings. GList anyone?
- gtk/libegg - give the curtain widget a whirl time permitting
Do you have any GNOME-wide goals suggestions for the next releases?
- Pick an instant messenger client and cut out the pidgin/collago/gossip/empathy confusion. Use these and Galago to properly handle presence information/integration.
This are the same as last time.