Module Name Roadmap
Maintainers: GNOME sysadmins
What are your plans for GNOME 2.24 (next year)?
- Decide on new DVCS. This is not about switching, just deciding and understanding implications.
- Move buildbot master to elsewhere
- Add loads more buildbots (needs change in buildbot)
- Understand why box fails randomly
- Setup new www.GNOME.org website on GNOME servers, if ready
- Upgrade svn.gnome.org to SVN 1.4+ and setup readonly SVN mirror on a container
- Complete move of sysadmin.gnome.org content to the wiki.
- Document everything; policies, servers, etc
- Setup slave DNS server on socket
- Upgrade socket,progress to new Ubuntu LTS
Do you have plans for a future release?
- Switch test module to chosen DVCS
- Upgrade GNOME Bugzilla to 3.0 (while keeping all customizations not yet upstreamed)
- Switch from RT3 to Bugzilla
Make use of 'configuration management software', see this overview. Puppet sounds nice.
Do you have any goals from 2.22 that were not achieved? Why?
- Bugzilla 3.0: Lack of time.
- Setup new GNOME website on GNOME servers: No install guide + not ready
- Lack of active sysadmins. Need to figure out how we can add more sysadmins or make existing ones active
- SVN 1.4+: Ubuntu LTS wasn't out.
- Read only DVCS repos: Not really needed.
- Slave DNS: not as easy on Ubuntu as it is on Red Hat
Is there something that is really missing in our infrastructure or platform that would help you?
- Better mango software (still the case)
- Possibly a SSL certificate (not self-signed like now).
- Use of GPG to speed up authentication/verification.
Do you have plans to work on other modules not maintained by you? What are they?