Gnome Utils Roadmap
What are your plans for GNOME 2.26 (next 4 months, before feature and UI freezes)?
- Bug fixing
- Probably remove the dictionary applet and fall back to deskbar instead
- Add Wikipedia support
Replace with a true media formatter (depending on DeviceKit-disks release)
- Add desktop area grabbing
- Support actions: save [the default], open with, print
Switch save dialog to a pure GtkFileChooser
- Use GIO
System Log Viewer
- Complete rewrite
Do you have plans for a future release?
- Provide a better gdict library for third party code to use and make the dictionary obsolete (better integration with the desktop)
- Move gnome-screenshot to its own module and make it depend only on gtk+ for other desktop environments (XFCE)