Module Name Roadmap
- Calum Benson (HIG)
What are your plans for GNOME 2.24?
- Incorporate the Accessibility Guide for Developers being written by Vincent Alexander for the GOPA. This may or may not be in a shippable state for 2.24, but if we can get something in by then, we should.
- Update the GNOME Documentation Style Guide. This is being revised to reflect current technologies and trends, and to address more than documentation. It will be renamed to the GNOME Style Guide at some point.
- The first step is to revise the terminology recommendations. This is underway with the Word-a-Day program on gnome-doc-list.
- After that, we'll revise the rest of the content. This part probably won't happen for 2.24.
Do you have plans for a future release?
The following are planned for the future, but I can't say which release cycle they'll happen in:
- Update the Platform Overview to reflect changes in the platform
- This is ongoing. Each release cycle may make additions or changes to our platform. Documenting these in the Platform Overview is not difficult, if we keep up.
- If Gnome ever blesses a search technology, that will need to be included. Also, a number of DBus desktop services are starting to show up.
- HIG: Long term, Calum has plans for a new HIG. Short term, it would be nice to clean up the current version, including updating the screenshots to reflect current Gnome.
- The Documentation Handbook will need to be reworked to reflect recent and upcoming changes to the documentation system, such as Mallard and Rarian. There is little point in doing massive revisions to the Handbook before Mallard. Plus, the Style Guide revisions are a higher priority.
See DeveloperGuides for a rough outline of the future.
Do you have any goals from 2.20 that were not achieved? Why?
Is there something that is really missing in our infrastructure or platform that would help you?
Do you have plans to work on other modules not maintained by you? What are they?