- Alexander Larsson
What are your plans for GNOME 2.24 (next 4 months, before feature and UI freezes)?
- Fix all the regressions that were introduced by the transition from gnome-vfs to gvfs (e.g. Proxy Support)
Support for Proxy AutoConfiguration (PAC)
- Configure options for mount points
- Rethink emblems, which are currently a nautilus only thing, and maybe move them to GVfs/GIO
- Cleanup backend code, implement various missing features in all backends and redo some hacked up code
Keep GVfs out of the Top 15 Products on Bugzilla!
What are your plans for GNOME 2.26?
- All that is left on the 2.24 list after the freeze (-:
Do you have plans for a future release?
- Regular releases following GNOME release schedule.
Do you have any goals from 2.22 that were not achieved? Why?
- Lots, due to the lack of manpower.
Is there something that is really missing in our infrastructure or platform that would help you?
- If we could get a server where various flavors of web services are could be installed, like various ftp, webdav servers, so we could make sure that our backends work with most of the stuff out there would be neat. Of course we can also use Virtual Machines for that, which might even make more sense.
Git and a nice git-web
Do you have plans to work on other modules not maintained by you? What are they?
Do you have any GNOME-wide goals suggestions for the next releases?
- Make sure gvfs gets used by various modules.