Deskbar Applet Roadmap
What are your plans for GNOME 2.26 (next 4 months, before feature and UI freezes)?
Add OpenSearch module
- If a user knows which results from which module she wants, provide a way to query that module only
- Port to gio
- Make 'Files and Folders Search' configurable
- Adjust Programs handler that it detects newly installed programs
What are your plans for GNOME 2.28?
Do you have plans for a future release?
Do you have any goals from 2.24 that were not achieved? Why?
- Improve indexer that it actually stores its contents on disk and loads them again if Deskbar is started and doesn't index each time again
- Just didn't had the time
- Use del.ico.us REST API instead of RSS feeds
- It turned out that you can't save/edit bookmarks using the REST API. Therefore, it wouldn't provide any advantage.
- Add support for Firefox 3
- Still didn't find a proper way to access FF3's sqlite DB
- Get rid of own minimal evolution python bindings and use bindings from gnome-python-desktop
- Still waiting for bugs to get fixed (bug 53960, bug 539591)
Is there something that is really missing in our infrastructure or platform that would help you?
Finally, decide which VCS to use. Stay with svn, use git, bzr, ... I don't care too much, I just want to see a decision.
Do you have plans to work on other modules not maintained by you? What are they?
Do you have any GNOME-wide goals suggestions for the next releases?