What are your plans for GNOME 2.26?
- Get better panel theming. For example the panel could let the engine render on top of the background image. So it would be possible to make the panel transparent from the theme.
- Colorscheme support on themes and appearence applets.
- A dark widget theme in gnome-themes
- A compact widget theme for small screens
- Urgent icons:
- Icons for Empathy and Pidgin: status/user-[away|idle|online|offline]
Do you have plans for a future release?
- change gnome-icon-theme to use one canvas for the originals (started in the 2.26 time frame)
- Cut down the amount of visual noise overall (*hint* icons everywhere for everything etc.) and look into better alignment of widgets in apps etc.
- A flat widget theme gnome-themes
Is there something that is really missing in our infrastructure or platform that would help you?
- A better theming infrastructure for gtk-themes.
- Icon name fallback in gtk.
- Support for RGBA colormaps in GTK+ and applications.
Do you have any GNOME-wide goals suggestions for the next releases?
- Better panel ~ windows ~ applications relationship (any reason to have one icon to launch, one button to manage window, one tray icon to see status? I'm living an identity crisis: I'm starting to believe that MacOS/Windows 7 approach [unique menubar + dock] could be good)
- Review file-chooser dialog appearance (well, enhance current behavior and layout is really good IMHO)
GtkDialog default values for border and inner spacing should respect HIG
- Device icons that do smart stuff with HAL would be nice.
Do you have any goals from 2.24 that were not achieved? Why?
- A bunch of things due to lack of manpower.