- Abderrahim: GNOME 41 release
xdg-desktop-portal-gtk: do we want to merge https://github.com/flatpak/xdg-desktop-portal-gtk/pull/350 ?
- TODO: Make new release (mclasen)
- Ship both, prefer gnome to gtk (to doublecheck: Matthias, Abderrahim)
- Topics: gtksourceview5, libmanette (for webkit), libsoup3, sysprof.
- TODO: Drop gtksourceview5 and libsoup3 from 41
- TODO: Check nothing has a dep on gtksourceview5 (Matthias)
- Defining what to deprecate in GNOME 42
clutter/cogl to gtk4/libadwaita in https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/Initiatives/-/issues/31
- libcanberra (?)
- librest (?)
- zenity (?)
- libsoup2 (might happen)
- gstreamer still on libsoup2
eds too (cf. discussion in https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/libsoup/-/issues/225 with eds maintainer)
- TODO: Talk to libsoup folks (Michael)
- TODO: Michael to follow up on Connections entering GNOME core
- Defining a process to add / remove modules
- What is GNOME?
Current rules to enter here: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-build-meta/-/wikis/home#technical-conditions-to-enter-gnome-core
- TODO: Felipe to consult the Board on whether the current process is acceptable (specifically regarding branding matters).
- libsoup 3
- trying to move off library.gnome.org, in theory no hurry (only dev not help got moved), might still work
- add runtime and gnomeos changes to notes
OpenQA instance: https://openqa.gnome.org
- Javier to add to release notes
- Javier to make openqa pipeline daily
- Try to publish in os.gnome.org after openqa test passes
TODO: Abderrahim to document https://wiki.gnome.org/ReleasePlanning/MakingARelease#Extra_steps_for_x.beta_release
- Plan to setup this soonish
Long run: Configure BuildStream to use mirrors
- Buildstream update
ReleasePlanning/Meetings/20210818 (last edited 2021-08-18 15:09:31 by AndreKlapper)