Installing Rygel on N900
Installing via application manager
Start the Application manager.
Click the Application manager menu bar at the top and select Application catalogs.
Press the New button.
- Enter the following details:
Catalog name: Fatal Web address: http://www.fatal.se/pub/ah-maemo-repo Distribution: fremantle Components: free
Press Save and click at the top to close the Application catalogs dialog.
- (The available applications will now be updated and you'll need Internet access.)
You'll find Rygel under the Multimedia section.
Installing on the command line
- From application manager, install 'rootsh'.
- In the terminal run these commandlines:
$ sudo gainroot # cat > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ah-maemo-repo.list deb http://www.fatal.se/pub/ah-maemo-repo/ fremantle free non-free deb-src http://www.fatal.se/pub/ah-maemo-repo/ fremantle free non-free # apt-get update # apt-get install rygel
At this point you should have rygel installed. When you want to share media, you will need to run rygel from commandline. (There is also a plan to provide a nice applet to do this for you.)
- When you launch rygel, you might get a crasher message about mafw-dbus-wrapper, please ignore (choose "Delete" option) it for now. The fix for this problem is already on it's way but it might take a few weeks before you get it to your device.
These packages haven't been updated for several months now. The reason for that is explained by the packager here.