Navigation: Project Monkey
A vision is essential to guarantee the success of a project. From a common vision flows the functionality of an application.
- First and foremost the result must be free/open software.
- This is a community effort, we all work together.
- The goal should always be to eliminate all manual effort on the part of the user
- Usability is key, if it's not easy to use, it doesn't work.
- Re-usability is important, do not reinvent the wheel and give back to the community.
- The code should be elegant (beautiful, flexible, generic, maintainable, robust etc.)
- The application should be completely usable with just the keyboard.
- The number of dialogs should be kept at a minimum.
- Every aspect should be configurable according to the wishes of the user.
- Wherever possible available open standards should be followed.
- It should be relatively easy to edit the underlying data manually without depending on the GUI (e.g. to correct things).