Currently this page holds thoughts on MouseTrap testing.
MouseTrap takes a multi-pronged approach to testing. Note that testing uses a mix of automated testing and manual testing. Testing will include:
- Unit Testing
- GUI Testing
- FIgure out where testing belongs in source code base/directory structure.
- Figure out how to link testing into the autotools.
- Write up a policy on how to organize test cases. (One file per directory? One file per file?) We need to research and find out what GNOME policy is.
- Figure out how this impacts contributors. Do we need to require contributors to write test cases for contributions?
- Need to find an automated testing tool.
- Need to research GUI testing for feature tracking software.
- Look at SIGITE papers from 2012 from Brigham Young.