GNOME DVB Daemon is a daemon written in Vala based on GStreamer to setup your DVB devices, record and watch TV shows and browse EPG. It can be controlled by any application via its D-Bus interface.
August 8, 2014: GNOME DVB Daemon 0.2.90 released
October 3, 2012: GNOME DVB Daemon 0.2.10 released
May 20, 2012: GNOME DVB Daemon 0.2.9 released
March 19, 2012: GNOME DVB Daemon 0.2.8 released
- Supports DVB-C, DVB-S, DVB-S2 and DVB-T devices (DVBv5 API)
- UI to scan for channels with initial tuning data
- Recording with manually provided start time and duration
- Automatically distribute overlapping recordings between adapters of same group
- Record multiple shows on same transport stream at the same time with a single adapter
- Brute force scan for DVB-T
- Browse EPG data
- Schedule recording from EPG
- Watch live TV using Totem
- Hot-plugging support of devices
UPnP/DLNA support by Rygel
GStreamer >= 1.4.0
gst-plugins-good >= 1.4.0
gst-plugins-bad >= 1.4.0
glib >= 2.32.0
libgee >= 0.8.0
sqlite >= 3.4
gst-rtsp-server 1.4.0 (http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/src/gst-rtsp-server/)
Python >= 3.2
pygobject >= 3.2.1
gobject-introspection >= 0.10.8
Release tarballs are available at http://download.gnome.org/sources/gnome-dvb-daemon/
Packages for the following distributions are available:
Older releases are listed here.
Check out the user guide describing the essential steps to setup your DVB cards and schedule recordings.
If you have question or problems please subscribe to dvb-daemon-list.
Bugs can be reported in Bugzilla
The project was started during Google Summer of Code 2008 by Sebastian Pölsterl.
git clone git://git.gnome.org/gnome-dvb-daemon
In addition to the requirements above you need:
Vala 0.25.1 or later
Communication with DVB daemon is possible through its D-Bus interfaces. DVB daemon already ships a D-Bus wrapper for Python (gnomedvb module) and some basic GTK+ widgets (gnomedvb.widgets module). You can browse the gnomedvb module if you run python and enter the following commands:
>>> import gnomedvb >>> help(gnomedvb)