Things we must do before we are ready for the first stable release:
- Document new parts of the format
Implement declarative array composition (<) (>) and (=) symbols
- Merge new format changes, now that this wont break anything
- Implement ( ! ) assertions as an enhancement, easy to do now
Status: the above is all done.
Update various projects
To move over to using project options for architecture conditionals instead of the 'arches' feature.
- Update buildstream-tests
- Update Sam's baserock cross bootstrapping thing, not sure where that lives
- Update defs2bst which converts baserock to buildstream
Status: Week 43: BaseRock CI is still blocking these patches being merged: when fixed and merged ST can update this.
- Update jhbuild2bst which converts jhbuild to buildstream
- Land the additional branch which removes the 'arches' feature
Status: Week 43: not done, pending the above work from ST. Not a blocker for 1.0, though.
Third Party Plugin Repository
- Move x86image and debian specific element outside of buildstream into new external plugin repo.
- Mimmic the buildstream setup.py pattern for generating documentation
- Split out any external repo specific integration tests from currently buildstream-test.
Status: Week 43: this is not far off being complete, will land this week.
Apply pep 3102 to all public API surfaces
This is a tedious change but needs to be made as it gives us a stronger API which is more future proof and should be done before stable.
See gitlab issue https://gitlab.com/BuildStream/buildstream/issues/97.
Status: Week 43: this is outstanding and needs to be looked at.
Dealing with rust
This blocks the JHBuild conversion but does it block the first stable release?
See gitlab issue https://gitlab.com/BuildStream/buildstream/issues/123.
Status: Tristan VB looking at this in Week 43. Will eventually need a better solution than this hack. Only one module in GNOME using rust though so not a big deal for now.
Status: Week 43: Tristan Maat is looking into this atm.
The above two will both be fixed by the same solution.
Status: Week 43: Tristan Maat's MR is https://gitlab.com/BuildStream/buildstream/merge_requests/119. Jonathan is reviewing that code this week before Tristan VB looks at it.
Status:Week 43: TVB will look at this next week.
- TVB can focus on the rust problem.
- Jonathan lands the 3rd party plug ins.
- Between Jonathan and Tristan the outstanding bugs are polished before you review the code.
- Sam lands cross-bootstrap patches and updates it to not use arhces.