Boxes - Hardening sprint, express installation improvements & ISO download
The aim of this project is to improve the stability and to make Boxes even more time saving as it is now. In order to achieve this I plan to widen the spectrum of supported operating systems/distributions for the express installation. Furthermore I will add an ISO downloading functionality which allows the user to provide the data needed for express installation before the download completes. This project also includes a hardening sprint for Boxes.
I am a bachelor student in the 4th semester studying Computer Science and Engineering in Hamburg (Germany) .
The project is finished. The following things were accomplished:
- One can download ISOs directly in Boxes
- Express installation works for installation scripts that need initrd injection
- A debian script was written
- A draft of an openSUSE script was written and will hopefully be applied in some weeks
- I did many reviews and filed some minor bugs
- As part of this I removed many hardcoded colors from Boxes' css file and therefore make it more compatible with other themes e.g. the accessibility theme.