GNOME Shell Lock Screen
By Giovanni Campagna
This project is about reimplementing screensaver and screen locking functionality in the shell, with the following benefits:
- Shell-style look and feel
- multi-stack authentication via gdm
- access to ongoing activity and notifications
- works from the activity overview without hacks
- looks similar to the login screen
Basic functionality is merged, minor issues have been discussed at the BOF during GUADEC 2012. Of the issues listed at ScreenLock/BOF, most of priority 0 and priority 1 is solved.
Further details in the feature page: ThreePointFive/Features/ScreenLock
How to test
New functionality is in 3.5.5, but using 3.5.90 of gdm is gnome-shell is strongly advised. Testing is possible using an unstable distribution such as Fedora 18.
Google Summer of Code Proposal: https://google-melange.appspot.com/gsoc/project/google/gsoc2012/gcampax/16001