- To develop an automated testing suite for Anjuta and its plugins
- To develop a generic plugin testing framework , so that new plugins can be added to the testing suite easily.
Language,packages,features to be used/known
- LDTP - Linux Desktop Testing project
- Python - ( the LDTP has a python based API )
- General Understanding of GTK based application works
- Accessibility - The LDTP framework uses Accessibilty to generate UI events
- A complete automated testing suite for anjuta. This may include tests for all the ways in which an user might use anjuta . This suite also should attempt for accomodating the changes in anjuta later.
- To work around with LDTP editor and modify it so that all new developers for anjuta can create new tests for their plugins/features is to record the events and not write a single line of code
- To take the standard features of Anjuta and to implement a regression testing module
Additional Deliverables :
- To develop a code coverage plugin using gcov and similar profiler tools
- To write general classes for testing dialogs ,menus and widgets that can be extended to any application later.
Sample code :
( The following ia a working LDTP code : Though this does nothing but opens a new document , saves it as random.c and quit anjuta. To test it you might have to install LDTP ! Any problems , you can mail me)
Get the tar.gz file here and after installing LDTP , the sample can be run as ldtprunner run.xml from the shell