This pages is for discussion of ideas for GnomeScan
- Option profiles like "Text", "Photo Archive", "OCR", ...
- Allows defining a set of options to speed up and ease repetitive scanning tasks
- Port to win32
- implement a TWAIN backend
- making GSane optional at build time
- Migrate to waf ?
- Port to Mac OS X
- Provide a TWAIN backend
TWAIN 2.0 is available for linux : http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=180588 (LGPL)
- However is there any TWAIN data source for Linux ?
- TWAIN-linux architecture is actually similar to SANE : a shared object loading all drivers (.ds which are shared object too) but is less configurable than SANE (see /etc/sane.d/ ).