Who am I?
My name is Og Maciel, born in Brazil but living in the United States since 1991. Graduated from Pace University with a BS in Biochemistry in 1997. Married since 2000, father of a 4 1/2-year-old daughter and soon to be a father of a second child.
Been involved with Open Source, and more specifically with the Brazilian community since 2005, thanks to incentive from Stephan Hermann. Started as a translator for the Brazilian Team, eventually being appointed as the administrator, and now proud leader of the team.
- Leader of Ubuntu Brazilian Portuguese Translators Team
- Contributor to the Gnome Brazilian Translators Team
- Founding Member of Ubuntu Brazilian Planet Team
- Spearheaded the creation of the Brazilian Data Miners Team
- Spearheaded the creation of the Brazilian Documentation Team
- Represented Ubuntu at the Linux World Expo in Boston (2006).
- Represented Ubuntu at the Princeton Computer Show (2006).
- Member of Norther New Jersey MySQL User Group
- Founding member of the Ubuntu United States - NJ Team
- Organizer of Nothern New Jersey Linux User Group (2004 - 2005)