As a GNOME Foundation Member you will receive the following benefits:
- vote on Board's Elections and Referenda.
- propose yourself as a candidate for the Board of Directors elections.
- a @gnome.org mail alias.
a blog hosted at https://blogs.gnome.org.
a web space at https://people.gnome.org.
- participation to Planet GNOME.
- sponsorship and reimbursements for travels, conferences and hackfests.
- an account on the GNOME Cloud service.
an E-Rate discount at GANDI: domains and hosting provider.
Requesting the benefits
Please read the following guidelines to obtain the above benefits.
@gnome.org mail alias
- Aliases are created automatically within 24 hours after your membership has been accepted.
More details on how to properly set up your mail client and other misc information HERE.
- Wait for your @gnome.org alias to be generated
Signup for a new blog at https://blogs.gnome.org/wp-signup.php.
Participation to Planet GNOME
Read Planet's guidelines.
- Wait for the Planet editors to review your request and eventually include your blog.
Account on cloud.gnome.org
Note: this service is currently restricted to GNOME-related material only, (i.e mockups, presentations or anything else related to the GNOME Project)
Login at https://cloud.gnome.org with your GNOME Account / UID
Personal web space
Note: this service is currently restricted and granted to the Foundation Members that will provide a good rationale. (the material hosted should be strictly GNOME-related, i.e mockups, presentations or anything else related to the GNOME Project)
Sponsorship and reimbursements
All the relevant informations can be found at the Travel wiki page.
Create a GANDI handle at https://www.gandi.net. If you have an existing account you can skip this step.
Set your handles' prepaid account currency accordingly to the one in use in your country.
Mail email@example.com from your @gnome.org mail address indicating your GNOME Foundation membership status and GANDI handle (every GNOME Foundation Member with a GNOME account (i.e git) should have its @gnome.org alias enabled already, if you are unsure about the details or the alias is not working, please mail firstname.lastname@example.org).
Wait for a positive reply. Your account should now have applied an E-Rate discount.