The MembershipCommittee may receive Membership renewal applications from Foundation members that provided a good amount of valuable and high quality contributions in the past but aren't able to provide any reference about recent contributions.
The requirements to gain a full membership (or renew it) are the following: "Members of the Foundation are required to have made a valuable, recent and non-trivial contribution to the project, and should be planning to actively contribute in the future".
Some past contributors or long time Foundation members could not have their membership renewed as they could not provide the needed reference to recent contributions. For this reason, the MembershipCommittee created an Emeritus Rank for all the past members that are not active any more but still want to be associated with the GNOME Foundation.
Accordingly, you can qualify for the Emeritus Member rank if:
- you have been a Foundation Member in the past and made a substantial contribution over a long period of time.
- you lost or are about to lose your Foundation membership by not renewing it in time.
- you are still interested in being part of the GNOME community.
- your contributions are not recent enough to re-apply for the full membership.
Becoming an Emeritus Member
Becoming a Full Member again
If an Emeritus Member has started contributing again, they will be able to apply for Full Membership again. The procedure is simple: they need to e-mail <email@example.com> along with their references (git Commits, Bugzilla, RPM/DEB packaging, translations, marketing, etc.) and declare the fact that they are interested in becoming Full Members again.
Emeritus members do not have all the benefits that are available to the Full Members, but they will able to keep:
their existing @gnome.org mail alias.
their existing blog hosted at http://blogs.gnome.org.
their existing http://people.gnome.org space.
Emeritus members won't be able to:
- vote on Board's Elections and Referenda.
- propose themselves as a candidate for the Board of Directors elections.
request a new @gnome.org mail alias.
request a new blog hosted at http://blogs.gnome.org.
request a new web space at http://people.gnome.org.
List of Emeritus Members
Current Emeritus Members are:
- Jose Angel Diaz Diaz (RT #15374)
- Guillaume Desmottes (RT #15339)
- Mart Raudsepp (RT #15345)
- David Zeuthen (RT #15285)
- Dave Neary (RT #15341)
- Vincent Untz (RT #15337)
- Sebastian Wilhelmi (RT #15213)
- Claudio Saavedra (RT #15268)
- Giovanni Campagna (RT #15169)
- Lucas Ferretti (RT #15131)
- Tomeu Vizoso (RT #15141)
- Reinout van Schouwen (RT #14875)
- Izabel Cerqueira Valverde (RT #15009)
- Laurent Vivier (RT #14425)
- Jonh Wendell (RT #14971)
- Mohammad Dhani Anwari Mohammad-Taib (RT #14820)
- Daniel G. Siegel (RT #15072)
- Iain Holmes (RT #14787)
- Kristian Rietveld (RT #15008)
- Thomas Vander Stichele (RT #14982)
- Pablo Castellano (RT #14533)
- Sergey Udaltsov (RT #14429)
- Damon Chaplin (RT #14635)
- Calum Bensun (RT #14793)
- Simos Xenitellis (RT #14653)
- Diego Escalante Urrelo (RT #14762)
- Miguel de Icaza (RT #14783)
- Bruno Boaventura (RT #14788)
- Bryan Clark (RT #14586)
- Ronald S. Bultje (RT #14651)
- Lucas Rocha (RT #14580)
- Holger Berndt (RT #14444)
- Stormy Peters (RT #14475)
- Michael Monreal (RT #14230)
- Luis Villa (RT #14190)
- Alexander Kojevnikov (RT #13458)
- Stephane Delcroix (RT #13380)
- Jim Garrison (RT #13299)
- James Henstridge (RT #13168)
- Adam Weinberger (RT #13026)
- Filippo Argiolas (RT #13013)
- Karsten Bräckelmann (RT #12967)
- Sven Herzberg (RT #12792)
- Adam Schreiber (RT #12794)
- Og Maciel (RT #13722)
- Ruben Vermeersch (RT #13735)
- Kaushal Kumar (RT #13828)
- Jody Goldberg (RT #14098)
- Nick Richards (RT #14142)