Conduit GUI Discussions
Temporary page to hold results of Codethink Sync UI banter.
- A dataprovider is a datatype specific object that provides and consumes data (E.g. Windows Mobile Contacts)
- A resource is a group of dataproviders (E.g. a Windows Mobile Device)
None of these ideas are perfect standalone, and we believe a combination of them is needed.
There is no UI
- Each application talks to the Conduit dbus daemon
- Provide a libconduit-gtk for widgets?
- Will stall us in the short term, and could be problematic as maintainers will be reluctant to use things that arent official.
- We have a local machine (the authority)
- We have multiple remote endpoints (phones, interwebs)
- UI is based on authorise Conduit to synchronise between these - like bluetooth pairing
- Web endpoints could be considered an extension of this
- Basically, you throw everything you want to sync in a big messy pile and wait for Conduit to sync it.