Notes from day 2
We started the day off with an introduction to Emeus and constraints-based layout.
Plans for this:
- cards need Emeus for their implementation, so it needs to be implemented in either GTK+ or libmod4card
- create a C library libmod4card - Philip
- make cards pure GTK widgets, no data model mandated
- pass adapter callback to bind arbitrary model (GListModel) to child widgets
- Use cards in GNOME recipes - Matthias
- Use standalone cards elsewhere in EOS - Cosimo
- Discussion about sharing more widgets: lightbox, image editor. The lightbox should probably go into the same libmod4card. For most apps, the image editor might only be interesting in its read-only mode. One other example we came up for is a hypothetical app-data editor, where screenshots could use an image editor.
More sharable pieces: dnd support in GtkListBox
- New topic: questions for the chef visit!
After lunch, we started to work on some tasks from earlier discussion. Martin got the recipes data and started converting it into a shard. Matthias debugged some issues that showed up during demoing of recipes earlier.
Elvin met with some cooking students to get real-life user input and they will also send us Indonesian recipes tomorrow.