In order to know
* How determine if we need to load the accessibility modules and the accessibility bus in a agnostic way:
- GNOME uses gsettings, but in the underly it is using XSettings
- The idea would be try to use XSettings on KDE also
- Checking .desktop, there is already KDE specifics there.
* About how to know the running ATs:
- Provide a way to register client (like Orca) on AT-SPI (additionally to register "normal" apps)
- With a role (AT_ROLE_SCREEN_READER, AT_ROLE_MAGNIFIER)
- Also check if this could be useful in order to improve the perfomance issues (try to not expose anything if no AT is registered).
- This would envolve register, deregister, list current ATs, and notify any AT added.
More information on the initial "two entry points" thread: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-accessibility-devel/2011-February/msg00037.html