This page is for actually working on the website "http://www.gnome.org" (WGO).
Fix missing 404 page (Bug #553529)
- new logo
refocus the project & give a clearer identity
- A list of active participants
- Some stories of devices based on GNOME Mobile (human interest type stuff) - Vernier, Nokia, Ubuntu Mobile, iRex eReader.
Project roadmap & achievements
- Ideally, links to some applications which target only GNOME Mobile APIs would be nice.
Derived from GnomeWeb/WgoScope we describe here what WGO should:
Give an introduction & overview to the GNOME project and what it can do for users, developers and large deployments.
- Tell how to get involved in the GNOME project
- Be a gateway to the relevant GNOME subsites
- Fix small issues with great impact
- Update information
- Remove outdated content
Outlined in GnomeWeb/WebPolicies that are also true for updates to the current pages:
- URIs should be simple and easy to understand, remember and type.
- The website should conform to certain standards like XHTML1.0 Strict.
- Easy to read, and your children or grandma should be able to understand the vocabulary.
- Pages should have responsible maintainers, and the pages should contain contact information.
To download the sources of WGO you can do so by anonymously using SVN:
$ svn checkout http://svn.gnome.org/gnomeweb-wml/trunk gnomeweb-wml
You should regulary update the sources:
$ cd gnomeweb-wml $ svn up