www.gnome.org - About
www.gnome.org - About
- Starting points
The new structure for the www.gnome.org site (defined in the completed GnomeWeb/NewWgoStructure goal) calls for several subsections. 'About' is one of them. This GnomeWeb goal will create that subsection.
This goal depends on GnomeWeb/NewWgoStructure, and the use cases defined in GnomeWeb/UseCases. This goal is related to GnomeWeb/LayoutPlanning (which defines how the pages will actually look) and GnomeWeb/CmsSetup.
The earlier goal defines the following structure:
About - The basics of the GNOME software: mission, desktop, applications, development platform, link to roadmap.
- People - Ways to find people in GNOME.
- Teams - List of GNOME teams with short descriptions and links to web page and contact info.
- Local groups - List of GNOME groups with links to web page and contact info.
- GNOME Foundation - Overview, advisory board members and link to foundation.gnome.org.
Logo & Trademarks - Files, licenses, guidelines.
- History - Overview and links to documents.
- Press/Media - Press kit, free media files, press contacts (general and by country/language).
Contact - Contacting the Foundation, website feedback + links to support feedback (lists & forums).
- Plan and write this section of the www.gnome.org site.
- Plan the content of the pages in more detail, starting from the structure defined in the previous goal.
- Research the information needed
- Contact relevant teams
- Write the pages on the CMS
- Create images and screenshots as needed
wgo >> About
The basics of the GNOME software, what it is and how it is created.
Not sure what we're putting here! Thoughts, anyone?
wgo >> About >> Desktop
About the Gnome desktop: what it is, what it works with. Links to Get Started section (distros, live CD etc)
wgo >> About >> People
Ways to find people in GNOME.
Maybe merge People <-> Teams <-> LUGs?WgoAboutPeople
wgo >> About >> Teams
Overview of Gnome teams. Take content from TeamWorkspaces (maybe cut it down??? it's HUGE), and describe briefly each one.
wgo >> About >> Local groups
List of Gnome local groups, country and language-based sites.
wgo >> About >> Foundation
Introduction to the Gnome Foundation.
-- is it worth having a link page when the Foundation has a whole website?
wgo >> About >> Logo and trademark
The Gnome logo: specification, trademark status, usage guidelines, credits & brief history.
wgo >> About >> History
Brief history of Gnome. This is fairly well documented; needs to be edited down to something fairly short.
wgo >> About >> Press
Press kit, free media files, press contacts (general and by country/language).
wgo >> About >> Contact
Contacting the Foundation, website feedback + links to support feedback (lists & forums).
wgo >> About >> Roadmap
We need a roadmap!
- Your name here...
- But "take the tour" is a tour -- it's a leisurely wander through the GNOME desktop with some nice pictures. If I just want to know what this GNOME thing is, I want a quick one paragraph explanation. A tour with pretty pictures will be too much. -- Joachim
I'd copypaste the whole page in wgo >> about -- CarlosFenollosa