This page is a draft being discussed at marketing-list
This 2.18 goal is missing a coordinator
We need to address the support related use cases from wgo to their appropriate destinations. wgo itself is not dealing with support, a "Support" option is offered in the General navigation bar. We need to decide whether we keep gnomesupport.org, we move it to support.gnome.org or we make something in between (a s.g.o pointing to the relevant support sources).
In any case the subsite used should adopt the use cases, which means that even taking gnomesupport.org at least its main page should incorporate improvements to satisify the use cases. The support sources listed at http://www.gnome.org/support/ need to be taken also in account. Another element to consider is library.gnome.org, which is planned to have the documentation for users.
This goal depends on... (((links to other goals /documentation)))
This goal affects... (((links to other goals /documentation)))
- 1st requirement
- 2nd requirement
- Audience includes users
- I'm looking for a program to do this
- Are there instructions, manuals, support available
- Where can I read more about the GNOME software and project?
- I need help to install and start using GNOME applications / desktop
- How can I customize / pimp / power my GNOME system / application
- I want to learn as much as possible about application X / GNOME
- I want to understand the pieces that form GNOME
- Where is the documentation for developers
Best practices, known issues & common mistakes
- How can we get free / paid support
- Public Sector
- We want to know about deployments howto's, institutional reports and recommendations
- We need training for ours users / workers / administrators
- Is it any kind of certification we could require when hiring GNOME administrators
- I need some kind of test period / training / mentorship
(((You may split the goal into tasks in order to get you organized and make easier for contributors to help)))
(((Explain the page structure)))
(((Upload mockups with look&feel)))
(((Create wiki subpages or upload files with the texts)))
- Your comments here.