There are several support, feedback and contact resources for the Project.
- Help files in the desktop
- live.gnome.org - the wiki
- developer.gnome.org - obsolescent developer documentation
- gnomesupport.org forums
- lists.gnome.org/mail.gnome.org - the mailing lists
- bugs.gnome.org - bugzilla
The aim of this goal is to consolidate the Web resources together, so I'm going to ignore the mailing lists, IRC and Bugzilla for the moment. Although they should be advertised their implementation is not likely to change.
The front page of gnomesupport.org appears to be a site that at least collates the information on how to access each of the above together, so I think it's a good starting point for this goal. It already seems to (at a first glance) have a fairly active community in the forums, which it would be a shame to stop. On the GnomeWeb/GnomeSubsites page someone has suggested aliasing it to support.gnome.org - does anyone have any objections?