This page is for discussing things common to regional subsites of GNOME.
The flag as a symbol for a language
Generally no good idea:
Fedoraproject.org I wish to use my country's flag to refer to my language...
- "In short, don't use flags. They are politically dangerous. Avoid them if at all possible."
How should regional sites implement this bar (see GnomeWeb/Navigation) ?
suggestion: official regional subsites logo
We could come up with one logo for all regional sites that maybe should always sit on the same place - or maybe it has some sentence on it like
"official regional site of the GNOME project" or something like that, so that people now:
- this is an organisation that is officially affiliated to GNOME foundation
- if thex click the link they either get to www.gnome.org or to a special page (in the language of the refering page?)
Suggestion: regional webring
Not a classic,ugly one but sometimes we like to have some kind of link to our neighbours.
- Because maybe we like to visit a GNOME meeting that is just kilometers away but in another country on another site.
- Things to think about:
- GNOME is international, so it would always be nice if thereis some text in other languages, at least i english of this is an event where international guests are welcome
- How to solve
- We could use region maps and maybe some lists to define the nearness of a location.
Add your name and your country, but please only if you are really willing to do it!
Status of local GNOME activities
Events planned/spread Gnome