June 25 2019 Meeting


  1. SammyFung

  2. anachmad (local team)
  3. KristiProgri

  4. rania (Rania Amina, local team)
  5. Jordan_M
  6. anachmad
  7. haris
  8. curiousdtu
  9. aris


  • GNOME.Asia Summit 2019 Update
  • When will we meet next time?

Meeting notes

  • Action Items from last minutes
    • Aris sent the information of Free Software activities in Gresik, Indonesia to committee and KristiProgri.

    • sammyfung sent an email again to Will LaShell for gnome.asia DNS aliass pointing cc to Will's gmail.

    • anachmad revised the sponsorship proposal based on Nuritzi's suggestions.
  • GNOME.Asia Summit 2019 Update
    • Local team sent sponsorship proposal to 7 companies out of 22 from potential companies list.
    • KristiProgri will introduce local team to Molly, she is the Strategic initiatives manager and takes care for GUADEC


  • Logo competition submission is now closed, 29 logos are received. We will vote between 25th June and 2nd July on gitlab, and kristiprogri invite GNOME designers to give some comments and vote too if they are interested and free. Every person can choose 3 logos, and final result will be announced on 6th July.

  • Local team have arranged some roadshow events, from July to Sept.
  • Call for papers is expected to start in July (mid of July).
  • When will we meet next time?
    • on 9th of July 14:00 UTC

Action items

  • AI: anachmad will prepare the announcement of CFP.
  • AI: kristiprogri will send an email to different mailing lists of gnome to ask for the vote on logos.

GnomeAsia/Minutes/20190625 (last edited 2019-06-25 15:10:30 by SammyFung)