May 6 2014 Meeting


  1. Emily
  2. Tobi
  3. tonghuix
  4. BinLi

  5. haggen
  6. alick
  7. zsun
  8. oliver
  9. sakana


  1. Review Action Item
  2. GNOME Asia Summit 2014
    • Sponsor update - emily
    • T-shirt and design materials - tonghui
    • Football, table tennis, basketball - Emily
    • One day trip - Bin
    • Schedule - Max
    • Hotel - Max and Emily
    • Training - Emily
    • Registration - Bin & Emily

  3. When will we meet next?

Meeting notes

  • Review Action Items
    • Tobi will help to write the Annual report for 2013.[Done]
    • sakana will announce the schedule on [Done]
    • BinLi will try mobile phone register by eventdove.[Done, will drop cause it don't support English]

    • sakana will finish the accommodation list with speakers, and deadline is next Thursday.[Done]
  • GNOME Asia Summit 2014
    1. Sponsor update:
      • One more sponsor: Chaodao, they just confirmed and signed contract, 5000 RMB, about 800 USD, need local invoice, Fapiao.
      • Novell China, very interested, waiting for final budget approval, may sponsor welcome party.
      • CS2C, interested, called many times, but finally got negative reply because of budget control.
      • Update from Marina: I contacted Bloomberg, HP, IBM, LibreOffice, the Linux Foundation, ownCloud, and Wacom on behalf of the board asking them for funding for GNOME.Asia and GUADEC. So far, IBM and ownCloud said they didn't have budget to fund either conference.

      • We need the GNOME Foundation to wire the fund to local team.
    2. T-shirt and design materials:
      • Waiting artiest final design, and vendor has been asked, price updated in GDoc.
    3. Football, table tennis, basketball:
      • Sport will be Saturday night, everyone vote to table tennis, but need confirm with University.
    4. One day trip
      • GNOME and Fedora team check how many people will join one day tour.
      • BinLi will confirm with travel agent.

    5. Schedule
    6. Hotel
      • We already finish the speakers list with hotel, Emily will send the list to University.
    7. Training
      • It's time to prepare the training, we need registration, training documents.
  • When will we meet next?
    • We will meet next week on Tuesday, 13 May, 2014 at 14:00 UTC in #asia-summit

Action items

  • Emily will contact Kate, David and Andre for training document and detail
  • Emily will make the registration with Li Bin on saturday for training.
  • tonghuix will help share web account with alick for fedora update.
  • Emily, Tonghui, to print T-shirt tomorrow, no time to vote or dicusssion

GnomeAsia/Minutes/20140506 (last edited 2014-05-13 08:41:32 by ChunHungHuang)