Jan 4th 2010 Meeting


  1. Lakhil
  2. Pockey
  3. Fred
  4. Bharath
  5. Srag
  6. Allan
  7. Max


  1. Emily

Meeting notes

  1. Fred started to draft Call for Sponsors document, it can be accessed http://live.gnome.org/GnomeAsia/2011Summit/CallForSponsors

  2. Temporary task list & schedule here as well: http://live.gnome.org/GnomeAsia/2011Summit/planning

  3. Lakhil and Bharath had a meeting with their senior manager (Parag) about event preparation. The Indian team will be going to visit University on coming Thursday (Jan 6) and will final the venue in case every thing goes positive.
  4. It is suggested to host the conference on a Saturday, so we proposed to host the hackfest / conference either:
    1. Option 1: 28th March to 1st April (Hackfest - 3 days + 2 days optional), 2nd April (1 day of conference)
    2. Option 2: 4th - 8th April (hackfest) and 9th April (conference)
  5. Fred will send emails to the release / marketing / document teams to get the date preference
  6. Looking for a keynote speaker to attract the crowd and stimulate sponsors. Current brainstorming ideas in no specific order:
    1. RMS (FSF) -> been to India too many times, not so hype anymore

    2. Mark S (Canonical) / not GNOME 3.0 focused
    3. Jon McCann

    4. Chris DiBona (Google) / not GNOME 3.0 focused

    5. Jim Zemlin (LF) / not GNOME 3.0 focused
    6. Stefano Zacchiroli (Debian Project Leader)
    7. OLPC or Sugar people? / not really GNOME 3.0 focused
    8. Other ideas welcome
  7. Hackfest Wiki Page is up here http://live.gnome.org/Hackfests/GNOME.Asia2011

Action items

  1. Fred will send emails to the release / marketing / document teams to get the date preference
  2. Lakhil / Bharath / Fred to finish Call for Sponsors document ( http://live.gnome.org/GnomeAsia/2011Summit/CallForSponsors )

  3. Lakhil to send out call for participant draft by end of this week (draft)

GnomeAsia/Minutes/20110104 (last edited 2011-01-04 16:19:22 by FredericMuller)