GNOME.Asia 2014 亚洲峰会现在征集演讲！
GNOME.Asia Summit 2014 invites proposals for presentations at the conference. GNOME.Asia Summit is Asia’s GNOME user and developer conference, spreading the knowledge of GNOME across Asia. The conference will be held in BeiHang University, Beijing, China on May 24 -25, 2014. The conference follows the release of GNOME 3.12, helping to bring new desktop paradigms that facilitate user interaction in the computing world. It will be a great place to celebrate and explore the many new features and enhancements to the GNOME 3.12 release and to help make GNOME as successful as possible. We welcome proposals by newcomers and experienced speakers alike. Call for Participation Let’s Submit a Talk! Important Information The deadlines: Submission: March 8th , 2014 Notification of Acceptance: March 15th, 2014 Conference: Conference Date: May 24th - 25th , 2014 Venue: BeiHang University, Beijing, China Main Topics Possible topics include, but are not limited to How to Promote/Contribute to GNOME in Asia
- - GNOME Marketing - Promotion of Free and Open Source Software - How to run a Local GNOME User Group - Asia Success Stories/Local GNOME Projects - GNOME and Education - GNOME Outreach Program for Women - Google Summer of Code
- - Latest Development in GNOME
- GNOME 3 & GNOME 3 Usability - GNOME Human Interface Engineering (Icons and Graphic Design) - Bugsquadding in GNOME - GNOME Accessibility - GNOME 3 Coding How-to - Writing applications for GNOME 3 - Integration of web life into the desktop
Adapting GNOME to New Types of Devices
- - Develop GNOME on mobile device, like smart phone, tablet PC - Develop GNOME on embedded system or open source hardware - On-going Projects, Success Stories - Find FOSS Friendly Hardware Manufacturers
Localization & Internationalization
- - Translation - Input Methods - Fonts
- Any topics related to GNOME and free software which are not listed above are welcome.
Lightning talks A five-minutes presentation to demonstrate your work or promote an interesting topic. Reservation and on-site application are both accepted.
A standard session at GNOME.Asia Summit 2014 will be scheduled as 45 mins (35 mins talk + 10 mins Q&A). Please take into consideration any time you will need for preparation. The session could be a technical talk, panel discussion, or BoF.
If you would like to share your knowledge and experience at GNOME.Asia Summit 2014, please fill in the form at http://2014.gnome.asia/cfp before March 8th , 2014, provide a short abstract about your proposal (under 150 words), include your name, biographical information, a photo suitable for the web, a title, and a description of your presentation. The reviewing team will evaluate the entries based on the submitted abstracts and available time in the schedule. You will be contacted before [March 15th], 2014 on whether your submission has been accepted or not.
All interested contributors are highly encouraged to submit their talks. Please help us to spread the invitation to other potential participants. Even you do not plan to be a speaker, please consider joining GNOME.Asia Summit 2014. This is going to be a great event!
GNOME.Asia Organizing Team