Things you should do:
- If you are able to set up the day before the conference starts, or have preparation tasks on this day, arrange for volunteers to arrive early and help out.
- Organize a schedule for volunteers, so that there is always someone chairing each session and there is always someone at the info desk.
- Have a briefing on the morning of the first day, before doors open.
- Have a debriefing at the end of every day.
- Leave your contact details and current location at the info desk. You don't necessarily have to stay at the info desk the whole time, but info desk should always know where to find you.