GNOME OS BOF
See the hacking/BoF days page for time and location information.
This year we will be generating bootable VM images of the latest GNOME in GNOME's gitlab CI, and this BoF will be about the face and structure of this "GNOME OS", including what capabilities it should have, how to update installations of that image probably with ostree, and the logistics of testing that image for GNOME releases.
- Generating the images
- Testing the images in CI, use ostree?
- Release team related topics, with this new aspect, how does this impact our release process ?
- Release schedule changes
- move release due
- keep doing stable releases to maintain flatpak runtime
- mandatory CI, recommendations
- g-b-m docker images
- dependency policy changes
- Do we need anything else on the tooling level? (Buildstream, flatpak, freedesktop-sdk...)
People who are planning on or are expected to attend: