Freedesktop SDK BOF
See the hacking/BoF days page for time and location information.
Much of the Freedesktop SDK project will be present at GUADEC. We'd like to take this opportunity to get together and discuss our release process and refine the definitions and promises we make regarding stability moving forward.
- Collaboration with downstream projects:
- GNOME, KDE, elementary, librem ...
- Does freedesktop-sdk provide everything they need? (drivers, hardware support ... etc)
- Can we move common components to freedesktop-sdk?
- Release Cadence
- Stable backwards compatibility policy on master in between stable snapshots?
- How long do we support stable releases?
- API surface, which parts of the SDK are considered stable API for dependent downstream projects, how do we define this clearly ?
- snap support and other use cases
People who are planning on or are expected to attend: