FreeDesktop Dark Style Preference BoF
See the main Hacking Days page for time and location information.
In the past year, macOS, Windows, Android, Safari, Chrome, and Firefox have announced support for developer opt-in to a user-set dark style preference. iOS is guaranteed to follow. It's time for the FreeDesktop to catch up, as discussed in this blog post by CassidyBlaede: The Need for a FreeDesktop Dark Style Preference
- Share the draft spec with an audience of interested parties
- Share a working demo implemented in elementary OS
- Discuss the implications for third party developers
- Take feedback on the spec
- Discuss the path forward for GNOME and other desktops
Core contributors to GTK and other toolkits, FreeDesktop contributors, GNOME designers, and downstream projects that would be interested in the implementation.
People who are planning on or are expected to attend:
Blog posts about the session: