Content Apps & Tracker BoF
Notes from the BoF: https://etherpad.gnome.org/p/content-apps-tracker-2019
See the hacking/BoF days page for time and location information.
Yearly get-together to discuss about Tracker and Content Applications (Music, Photos, ...). This year main topic will revolve around sandboxing and the possible designs to address it effectively.
People who are planning on or are expected to attend:
Topics to discuss
Finishing off Musicbrainz integration (https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/tracker-miners/issues/74)
- Grilo needs to support updating more properties such as album title -- how do we implement this in the Grilo tracker plugin?
- GStreamer extractor patch
Dealing with circular references in tracker-resource (https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/tracker/issues/127)
tracker-extract bug causing 100% CPU usage (https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/tracker/issues/95)
Functional tests reorganization (https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/tracker/merge_requests/117)
- Tracker 3.0:
- which apps will be impacted by the change? How can we help them?
- how do we transition from 2.3 to 3.0? What do we say to distributors? How do we update gnome-build-meta?
- what are the next steps?
Close mailing list and move to https://discourse.gnome.org ?
- Other open merge requests and bug reports
- ... (your topic here!)