Icon theme fallbacks (https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/glib/merge_requests/72)
- GTK+ developers are happy with it, as long as its behaviour is the same as what GTK+ does; Philip to verify, then merge
Update on GProperty
- Some discussion about JS trampolining costs for animations in the shell
- People seem OK with this idea
- Who’s going to do the work? Can we guarantee it for 2.60?
- Reevaluate what to do about property documentation (getter + setter + property documentation + blurb)
- Some discussion of how to present this better in gtk-doc (list getter/setter prototypes below documentation from property doc block); bear in mind the need for _dup_ rather than _get_, etc.; does the getter return const or (transfer full)?
- Complex, lots of use cases
> Have requested people to add their use cases to https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/glib/issues/14
- Some discussion about ways of ABI-compatibly extending GError: probably need to have a new error domain which is 'extended' and overallocates the GError
- Could we also have a way of getting a backtrace from where a GError was *set*?
- Long, rambly, off-topic discussion
- If Bastien wants it, he can implement it
- Thumbnail sizing, normal vs large, do we want symlinks for actual hard pixel sizes?
Unicode tables (https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/glib/issues/1333):
- libicu has complex symbol versioning and is huge, and is a pain to build on Windows
- Can’t find any compelling alternatives
- Make sure we have a list of places to update UCD when it updates
Anything which people want to get upstream into GLib
- g_clear_pointer() typeof() improvements; more typeof() improvements everywhere
- Can we do something like g_clear_autoptr() which uses the autoptr-registered free function?
- Some discussion about getting g_autoptr() support working on Windows; Nirbheek to take a look at it so that we can potentially use it for GTK+ 4.0? Evaluating clang vs clang-cl next month
Finalisation of objects from the thread which created them
- Philip to take a look
- Need to think about whether we marshal dispose() as well as finalize() — could this cause deadlocks?
Once it’s done in GLib, GTK+ needs to implement the vfunc in GtkWidget
Misc discussion about atomics:
- Do we make higher atomic refcount safety guarantees than we actually need? Do the new acquire()/release() APIs match up with C11?
- Fallback atomic refcounting code is not actually safe, according to Behdad
- Elementary have some utility functions which might be upstreamable into GLib (GDateTime comparisons, ISO8601 formatting)
- Topological sort?