Saturday 28th: 20th Birthday Party
Venue available from 17:30 to set up, and from 18:30 open to guests.
Start time: 19:00 or 19:30.
Closing time 00:30, or later if we can extend.
To ensure people actually attend before 22:00 we need to provide food somehow.
Costs (inc. VAT):
- Venue hire: £2160
- Food and drinks options:
- Bronze drinks package (£13.50 * 200 people) = £2700
- Gold drinks package (£19.80 * 200 people) = ~£4000
- Buffet: (£32.34 * 200 people) = £6468
- 3 course meal: (£40.74 * 200 people) = £8148
- We'd get the space until 12:30 (from what time?); although we could potentially have it open for longer, at extra charge
- It's a fantastic space, with exhibits, big video wall we can put images on, space for a band or DJs
Before the Party
- Buy a cake, preferably one with a GNOME logo on it
- Buy enough utensils for cake cutting/eating
- Make sure we have a photographer for the cake cutting
- Find out if we can hang up butcher paper or get a whiteboard. Get enough pens for people to write with (maybe attach the pens with string and painter's tape so we don't lose them)
- Make sure we a video to show on the video wall
- Get props for the photobooth and figure out how we will take photos (can we get lighting, a background canvas, etc), maybe see if we can identify and recruit photographers to take 30 min shifts and make the photobooth available for 2 hours
- Find a DJ
See if Federico would be willing to do a 15 mins interview on what founding GNOME was like with Q&A (?)
Activities at the party
- photo booth
- GNOME Love wall
- video wall
- founding stories from Federico?
- birthday cake
21:00 - Raffle: see trivia idea for more details